15 delegates enjoyed the Exploring Sibling Issues in Therapy with Val Parker workshop on Saturday 9th October in Dorchester.
This was an interactive day workshop in which Val shared ideas from her recent book A Group-Analytic Exploration of the Sibling Matrix: How Siblings Shape our Lives (Routledge 2020) and encouraged us to deepen our engagement with sibling issues in our work.
The workshop was both informative and interactive and provided the chance to explore our own sibling issues and reflect on our clinical work, as well as expand our knowledge and expertise.
Attention was given to:
- Exploring our personal sibling matrix including its impact on our lives and relationships and on us as therapists
- Considering the developmental importance of siblings.
- Reflecting on specific sibling issues such as step-families, sibling loss, adoption and fostering.
- Expanding our ability to engage with sibling issues in therapy, including working with the sibling transference.
- Reflecting on the impact of the sibling matrix in groups, organisations, and communities.